The Challenge star Johnny Eastoe made the bombshell claim on Wednesday that lots of explosive content was edited out of the series to achieve a PG rating.
The former Survivor contestant, 32, said what Channel Ten screened is significantly tamer than what occurred on set.
‘There were near punch-ons, arguments, people who literally wouldn’t talk to each other.
He said what actually happened behind-the-scenes would have made more compelling viewing.
‘What you see on television is very PG. I think a grittier version would have been better.’
The former Survivor contestant said what Channel Ten screened is significantly tamer than what occurred on set
His claims come after The Challenge premiered to record-low numbers earlier this month.
The series scored just 257,000 metro viewers in the overnight ratings.
It comes after the network was brutally mocked over its casting selection for the gruelling game show.
Johnny said ‘there were near punch-ons and arguments’ that were not screened. Pictured: Contestant ‘Cyclone’ Cyrell Paule
Based on a US format, The Challenge sees celebrities compete with athletes in a series of elimination games.
But viewers took to social media ahead of the premiere to savage the cast, after Channel 10 spruiked them as ‘Australia’s most talked-about celebrities’.
‘Australia’s most talked-about celebs? Who are 95% of these people?’ one tweeted.
The cast for slot gacor the series includes Bachelor rejects like Konrad Bień-Stephen, Megan Marx, and Kiki Morris.
Johnny said what actually happened behind-the-scenes would have made more compelling viewing
<div id="external-source-links" class="item"